Supported TouchBound functions
Keyless padlocks are the simple and safe locking method for the TouchBound system. When a person locks a piece of compatible equipment with any Keyless padlock, only they can unlock it.
Keyless padlocks act both as locks and keys, there is simply no key to lose or misplace.
- If you rez your padlock in a public place, other avatars can use it, just like any other TouchBound padlock for locking things.
- If you wear the padlock on your avatar, the padlock will only be useable by yourself. (This is useful if you like to wear your tools on a belt for example)
By default, when padlocks and keys are used as a HUD object, or worn on the avatar as an accessory, only the wearer can use them. But there is a special configuration notecard inside the padlocks/key objects that can be renamed to change this behavior:
- PUBLIC=NO : Standard behavior, when worn on the avatar, only the owner can use it.
- PUBLIC=YES: Anyone in close range can use it.
In all cases, if the padlock is rezzed on the ground (not worn) anyone in close range can use it regardless of the public setting.
- Click the padlock once to put it in active mode, indicating that it is waiting for the target object to be clicked.
- Clicking it again will leave active mode and display a basic information popup.
- Click and hold the padlock for more than 3 seconds to “lock” the activated mode for 30 minutes.
Active mode is represented by a glow, and an “activated” hover text when the object is used as a hud element (HUD elements cannot glow)
When a padlock is locked in active mode, you can click multiple objects in sequence without having to click the padlock again between each use. This mode can be disabled by clicking the padlock/key a second time. It will also deactivate itself if attached/rezzed or after 30 minutes.